10 Quick Facts About us!
Aztec Boys & Girls Club is your community Club... but what does that MEAN?
1. Our Mission: "To inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us the most, to realize their full potential as productive, caring and responsible citizens.”
2. Our Promise to Aztec's youth: "To provide a safe environment and to have a significant impact on their lives."
3. Our Promise to the community: "To uphold high ethical standards in all areas, especially in overseeing our finances, collecting membership and participant data, being good stewards of the donor dollar and representing ourselves to the public.”
4. Our Purpose: “To promote decency and prevent delinquency through services geared toward the physical, mental and moral well-being of young people by providing numerous programs in each of five core program areas; 1. Character & Leadership, 2. Education & Career, 3. Health & Life Skills, 4. The Art, and 5. Sports, Fitness & Recreation.”
5. We have been serving the youth of our community for 50 years and our membership fee remains the lowest in the state of New Mexico.
6. We continuously served the community, even through the pandemic, providing everything from food deliveries to education support.
7. Our Summer Programs provide 10.5 hours of exciting programs, fun field trips, lunch and a snack for about $10 per day.
8. We may serve Aztec, but because of work, school, summer and winter schedules, leagues and other activities, we serve regularly kids from Durango, Bloomfield, Farmington, and the Navajo Nation.
9. Hundreds of ABGC members have benefited from our SMART Moves (Skills, Mastery and Resistance Training) a nationally recognized drug, alcohol and tobacco prevention program in the past 10 years.
10. We might be famous world-wide for our annual Harley-Davidson Raffles, but that doesn't' mean we don't need your support, because the motorcycles are not donated. If it weren't for San Juan United Way and the support of the generous people in the community, we could not keep our doors open.