After School Program 2016/17
Registration for the After-School program CURRENTLY UNDERWAY!
Memberships available from $10 to $35!
August 8th through 12th – Club office will be open for registration ONLY. Office Hours are 10 AM to 6PM. (Closed to members)
August 15th – First Day of the After-School Program
August Parent & Member Orientation dates are:
August 9th – 5:00 pm
August 16th – 5:00 pm
August 25th – 5:00 pm
ALL new parents and members to the club must attend an orientation before a member can attend the after-school program.
After August, orientation dates run the 1st Thursday and 4th Tuesday of every month.
ALL members must be fully registered before attending the after-school program.
Programs Curently Offered At The Aztec Boys & Girls Club
• Rookie Staff – Building responsibility and leadership skills
• Junior Staff – Building professional habits and work skills for Teens
• Power Hour - Homework Help, while earning prizes!
• Project Learn - High Yield Learning activities that are fun and educational
• Science Club - Science-based activities and experiments
• FETCH - Math and Science activities for "younger" kids.
• Cyberchase - Math activities for kids
• Dinosaurs/Fossils - Exploring the world of dinosaurs and fossils
• National Fine Arts Exhibit - BGCA art contest
• Drama Matters –Theater
• Imagemakers Photography - Photographic art
• MusicMakers - Teaching kids how to make music
• Club Tech Digital Arts Suite - Graphic design web design, photograph & music technology
• Arts and Crafts Projects - Original art projects just for fun.
SPORTS,FITNESS & RECREATION
• Sports Leagues (basketball, volleyball) - partnering with the leagues from BGC Farmington to provide competitive team play, with "home" games in Aztec and "away" games in Farmington or Bloomfield **New This Year!
• Triple Play – building healthy behaviors and practices for life, with a focus on mind, body, soul
• Wanna Play - Increasing physical activity with Recreational Sports: Volleyball, Soccer, Flag Football, Basketball, Field Hockey, Tag, Satran Ball and other games of skill
• Hershey's Track & Field (preparing for Track & Field Events)
HEALTH & LIFE SKILLS
• SMART Moves - Drug, Alcohol, tobacco prevention
• SMART Girls - Teaching young girls how to make good decisions and stay healthy
• Passport to Manhood -Teaching young boys how to make good decisions and stay healthy
• Triple Play Healthy Habits - Teaching healthy eating habits
• Cavity Free Zone - Teaching young people how to take care of their smiles
• Kids-N- Control - Teaching safety and good decision making techniques
• NetSmartz - Teaching internet safety
• Lego Robotics - Introduction to Robotics
• K’Nex Engineering – basic principles, taught with fun girders and motors
• Youth for Unity - Learning about Diversity
Please call 334-8861 for information on any of the many Programs we offer.
Please note, not all programs are offered at all times, or for every age group.
Aztec Boys & Girls Club also offers 10 weeks of Summer Camp each year.
Please contact the Club in the Spring for Summer Camp information.
- Article Count: